Oil production has been and remains the basis of modern industrial development. Oil is not only a source of energy, but the basis of the chemical industry for the production of various consumer goods. Oil production will be the vector of industrial production for many years to come. Oil consumption around the world is growing steadily. At the same time, it is now becoming clear that many large deposits are being depleted. Existing methods of oil production become ineffective, as complications of operation occur everywhere.
Types of complications: - these are salt deposits in centrifugal pumps, - forced transition of centrifugal pumps to a periodic operation mode. There is a complication of the study of the operation of centrifugal pumps by existing methods. The problem of exploitation of offshore fields is especially acute. The exploitation of offshore fields with existing centrifugal pumps can seriously harm the ecology of the vast oceans.
The situation in the exploitation of oil fields by centrifugal pumps is further complicated by the fact that there is no theory of control of centrifugal pumps. Due to the lack of control theory, it is impossible to train oil production engineers who can control centrifugal pumps when oil production becomes difficult.
Thus, the exploitation of oil fields is accompanied by a decrease in flow rates and an increase in the depth of dynamic levels. Decrease in the well production rate leads to the appearance of the phenomenon of salt deposition, contributes to the emergence of a method of periodic operation.
The lack of control theory forces oilmen to look for ways to combat salt deposits using the “trial and error” method. The lack of a theory of control of centrifugal pumps is pushing oilmen to look for modes of periodic operation by the “assuming method”.
The deepening of the dynamic levels of fluid in the well does not allow to investigate the flow rate of the well. All this leads to a decrease in the efficiency of oil production by installations of electric centrifugal pumps.
To solve all these impending problems is possible only by studying, creating a modern theory of control of centrifugal pumps.
Therefore, the author for the first time laid the theory of the thermodynamic state of an electric centrifugal pump when pumping multiphase mixtures. An analytical solution for the thermal state of a centrifugal pump is obtained.
On the basis of the solution obtained, the phenomenon of "thermal shock", "self-oscillation of operating modes" was discovered, and for the first time in the world, "principles of automation" of centrifugal pump control were laid down.
A textbook for teachers of higher educational institutions and for students was written and published in Russian. The textbook has been translated into English and is being prepared for publication in Amazon. The second volume of the textbook is being prepared for publication.
The pinnacle of the author's scientific research is the creation of an automatic installation of a centrifugal pump. For the first time, automation of control solves all the above problems of oil field operation.
The dialectic of centrifugal pump automation development is from automatic installation to automated oilfield. Automated oilfield - unmanned clean oil production - is the future of the oil industry.
Audience Take Away:
- The author for the first time created a modern theory of the thermodynamic state of an electric centrifugal pump when pumping multiphase mixtures.
- The modern theory of the thermodynamic state of an electric centrifugal pump makes it possible to understand the process of salt formation in the internal cavity of the apparatus.
- The modern theory of the thermodynamic state of the electric centrifugal pump allows you to calculate the mode of periodic operation.
- The modern theory of the thermodynamic state of an electric centrifugal pump makes it possible to predict the conditions for salt deposition in the pump.
- The modern theory of the thermodynamic state of an electric centrifugal pump makes it possible to automate the control process.
- Automatic installation will allow you to move from installation to full automation of the oil field.
- Automatic field has no analogue for offshore field exploitation.
- Automation of the control process of a centrifugal pump is the key to environmentally safe oil production in the waters of the seas.
- The use of automation of the control process of an electric centrifugal pump reduces the cost of oil production by up to 40%.